Michael J. Lorenger
For more than twenty years, Mike has represented employers in court and before federal and state agencies in more than twenty-five states, before at least four U.S. courts of appeal, and in several state supreme courts. Before co-founding Lorenger & Carnell, Mike was a partner in the Labor & Employment Group of the global law firm Hogan & Hartson (now HoganLovells).
Mike graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Iowa in 1991 where he majored in journalism. In 1995, he received his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he served on the editorial and managing boards of the Virginia Law Review.
Mike, his wife Carrie, and their three children reside in Alexandria, Virginia.
- B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, University of Iowa (1991)
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law (1995)
- Virginia Law Review, Editorial and Managing Boards
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Virginia Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment, Band 2 (2019)
- Super Lawyers, Labor & Employment (Washington, DC and Virginia), 2012-2020
Email Mike Lorenger: